Re: General Positive Feedback re: revision of site (fwd)

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Rob Fenwick wrote:

> > It seems to me that LDP
> > leadership is doing their own thing and not really paying any attention to
> > the authors.
>
> I'm not a HOWTO author myself, so I doubt I can comment too
> exclusively.
>
> However, I think you're being a little unfair, seeing that there's
> been some changes at LDP leadership, and perhaps people are finding
> their feet? :)
>
> #Always look on the bright side of life....

I do usually look on the bright side but after you spend a lot of our
updating, editing your documentations and after never receiving any
response from the LDP maintainers and after waiting two months to have a
HOWTO commited and had promises broken I think I have to right to
be critical. Maybe they have had trouble adjusting to their new roles
after the changes but they should have said something. They could have
e-mailed a nice letter to all the authors saying what the situation was,
what they are doing about it and what is the time frame for it. I would
have been happy really happy since I would know what is going on and would
have been kept "in the loop". So my question to you is, if you had to put
up with that kind of stuff in a normal (paid) job would you put up with it
? I wouldn't.

Writing documentation is not easy and I certainly could find better uses
for my time if I will be treated like dirt.

Vladimir