Re: General Positive Feedback re: revision of site (fwd)

On 29 Sep, Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> The majority decides.

The majority of which group of people? This list isn't confined to
LDP authors, so I'm presuming you mean the majority of people that are
subscribed to this list and could be bothered voting?

I suggest a public poll. It too will be imperfect, but I think I'd be
happier with the results of it, especially if it were conspicuous and
advertised. Provide a form on the web site from which people can vote
and advertise the poll in the usual Linux news media
(linuxtoday/technocrats.net/slashdot etc.). At least that way it would
be reflective of community views since it's now impossible to assess
what the views of the LDP authors are.

I suggest that you propose the wording of the question on this list
first though. It's easy to steer public poll responses with crafted
questions.

>> What happens to the will of the majority of authors who either aren't
>> subscribed to this list, don't have time to follow the discussion, or
>
> It happens in any vote.

Yes, but I'm thinking of the people who were on the old ldp-l and
didn't make it across to this list because it was deemed too hard to
move them. I've no idea how many LDP authors are on this list, but I'd
guess at less than 25% unless somebody has bothered to consider them.

> This vote will last 2 weeks.
> Is it long enough ?

For me? sure. But I'm only one person.

Terry