Re: working SGML package

On Nov 5,  6:30pm, Vern Hoxie wrote:
> Subject: Re: working SGML package
> On 05 Nov 1999, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:
>
> > For what it is worth, I found the OpenJade package to be much easier
> > to manage; it is pretty much a drop-in replacement for the sgmltools
> > without the sgml2x scripts.
>
> What is the URL?  An ftp site preferred.

Links, CVS-style source tree, etc:

    http://peano.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/jade-cvs/

DSSSL/OpenJade Home Page

    http://www.netfolder.com/DSSSL/index.html

>From the documentation:

   "OpenJade is a command line application and a set of components.
    The DSSSL engine receives as input an SGML or XML document and
    transforms it into formats like:

    - XML representation of the flow object tree.
    - RTF format that can be rendered and printed with Microsoft's
      free Word Viewer 97
    - TeX format
    - MIF format that can be rendered and printed with Framemaker
    - SGML or XML format. This is used in conjunction with non-standard
      flow object classes to generate SGML, thus allowing OpenJade to
      be used for SGML/XML transformations."

regards,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com