Re: HOWTO vs mini-HOWTO [was: Linux Doc Infrastructure]

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:

> A new way of grouping the documentation should be implemented, to make it
> faster and easier to locate the document you need. I very much support
> Kim's ideas:
>
> > The hierarchy should be able to be cross refrernced in at least 3 ways
> > (and also via
> > a word search):
> >         By title
> >         By problem/concept/
> >        By program|module|group name

Technically, the grouping and other information of each document could
easily be encoded in an SGML comment near the beginning of the file for
example:

  <!-- Group: software/configuration -->
  <!-- Keywords: sendmail:mail:e-mail:Internet Connectivity: -->

These instructions could be used by a script to build the documentation
hierachy in whatever way desired. It should be the responsibility of the
LDP to coordinate with the authors the assignment of group, keywords etc.

/Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard   <mok@imsb.au.dk>             | Phone : +45 89 42 50 26
Institute of Molecular and Structural Biology    | Fax   : +45 86 12 31 78