Re: mailing list archives

we need to take a look at this on our end. in theory the cron job need
only be run on metalab. it generates, when it works correctly ;->, html
pages that should reference each other without any additional software. i
agree the sizes of the files don't make sense. we've had a problem with
the broken cron messages before. Donald, can you look at this?
thanks

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Greg Ferguson wrote:

> On Jan 28,  4:33am, NAKANO Takeo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > # thanks a lot for the sorted_howtos.dat.gz :)

> >400K)
> > >
> > > I misspoke. That file is /ridiculously large/ - ~33meg.
> > > This definitely needs to be addressed.
> >
> > This page (and threads.html also) is flooded with
> > a lot of "Output from "cron" command" messages complaining:
> >
> > ==
> > Your "cron" job on titan.oit.unc.edu
> > /export/sunsite/users/ldp-dis/bin/addem 2>&1 >>
> /export/sunsite/users/ldp-dis/addem.out
> >
> > produced the following output:
> >
> > Warning: Database (2.4.3) != program (2.4.4) version.
> > ==
> >
> > MHonArc problem?
>
> Looks that way. I'm not sure who originally set this up, but I'll
> see if I can filter out that garbage and remove the html files
> referenced by those bogus entries. Then we'll have to get to the
> root of the problem. Looks like it might mean re-creating the
> database to match the program version.
>
> Thank you for finding this.
>
> regards,
>
> --
> Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com
> SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com  | 410-785-2334
> Linux Doc Project - http://www.linuxdoc.org  |
>

> --

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071