Re: [oswg-dis] Re: reader comments & reviews

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 01:46:05PM -0500, Greg Ferguson wrote:
> On Jan 31,  1:40pm, Deb Richardson wrote:
> > Also, perhaps my understanding of the LDP
> > licensing policy is in error.  I was under the impression that docs were
> > to be released under the "Linux Documentation Project License"
> > (http://www.linuxdoc.org/COPYRIGHT.html) or the "LDP Boilerplate
> > License".  Is there anywhere where the LDP licensing policy is discussed
> > on the LDP website?  Thanks.

Here's the licensing requirements for LDP documents (from the LDP
manifesto).  What Greg Ferguson posted omitted the first paragraph.

  5.  LICENSE REQUIREMENTS

  Anyone may copy and distribute (sell or give away) LDP documents (or
  other LDP works) in any media and/or format.  No fees are required to
  be paid to the authors.  It is not required that the documents be
  modifiable, but it is encouraged.

  You can come up with your own license terms that satisfy these
  conditions, or you can use a previously prepared license.  The LDP has
  a boilerplate license that you can use if you wish.  Some people like
  to use the GPL, while others write their own.  There is a project
  underway to create a special GPL license just for documents and this
  may turn out to be a good choice.
--
			David Lawyer