Not a HOWTO

Hi,

I have written a piece which is not a HOWTO, nor a book. Its more of an
explanation and self study guide. This seems to me to be a missing
category of documentation for Linux. I'd love to have a /usr/doc/TUTE
to complement /usr/doc/HOWTO. What do you think?

I'd be grateful for any feedback on what I have written:

"From Power Up To Bash Prompt" is a brief description of what happens in
a Linux system, from the time that you turn on the power, to the time that you
log in and get a bash prompt. It is organised by package to make it easier for
people who want to build a system from source code.  Understanding this will be
helpful when you need to solve problems or configure your system.

It can be read or downloaded from http://learning.taslug.org.au/power2bash

The LDP is welcome to have it if it wants, but like I said, its not a HOWTO
and its not a Book, so I don't think it fits in!

GregO

--
learning@TasLUG, where people get together and
learn about Linux http://learning.taslug.org.au