Re: Proposed announcement etc, 3.rd revision

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Stein Gjoen wrote:

I think the text for the announcement looks great.

> WEB PAGES
>        The  LDP	now has its own dedicated web site as do many of
>        the various translations projects which	are  linked  from
>        the main LDP web site at http://www.linuxdoc.org/

Got some extra space in here and elsewhere in the manpage. I don't see
why, but I'm also not familiar with the manpage tools.

I'd like to suggest we start using capitalization for the LinuxDoc domain,
e.g. http://www.LinuxDoc.org/ or <ldp-announce@lists.LinuxDoc.org>. Just
my personal preference. I think it looks better.

> MAILING LISTS
>        LDP  has	a  number  of	mailing	lists, mostly of use for
>        authors:
>
>        <ldp-announce@lists.linuxdoc.org>
> 	      Announcements from the LDP project
>
>        <ldp-discuss@lists.linuxdoc.org>
> 	      General discussion on the LDP project
>
>        To join these lists send a mail with a body of "subscribe"
>        to  <ldp-announce-request@lists.linuxdoc.org> or <ldp-dis-
>        cuss-request@lists.linuxdoc.org> respectively. These mail-
>        ing lists are also archived at the LinuxDoc site.
>

> FILES
>        Most  distributions  include the HOWTOs and mini-HOWTOs in
>        the installation
>        /usr/doc/	     (most documentation is here)
>        /usr/doc/HOWTO/	(HOWTO files)
>        /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/  (mini-HOWTO files)
>
> SEE ALSO
>        man(1), info(1)
>
>        info pages as read with emacs(1) or info(1).

This works great.

> LOCATION
>        The Multi Disk HOWTO is located at /usr/doc/LDP/

I think I missed out on part of the discussion, but is there a reason this
points to /usr/doc/LDP instead of /usr/doc/HOWTO? If it's about HOWTOs I'd
think it should point at the latter especially since the latter exists :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#                  der.hans@LuftHans.com                  #