Re: Astronomy-HOWTO

David Lawyer <dave@lafn.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 08:33:59PM -0800, Tom Fawcett wrote:
> > The LDP has taken as long as 6 months (!) to update documents on
> > linuxdoc.org, but lately it's been about a week or two.  Until they get
> > CVS or automated submission scripts I believe that's about as fast as
> > it's going to get.
>
> Not so.  The longest it's been was almost 2 months and only a few
> authors (including me) suffered this long of a delay.

I don't know how you can make an absolute statement about other people's
experiences.  It's taken longer than that for me.  This is one of my sore
points with the LDP.  I disliked getting email questions and bug reports
about obsolete documentation that had been fixed and submitted months
earlier -- but which the LDP hadn't gotten around to updating on their site.

On that point, what's the story on getting a CVS tree?

-Tom