RE: Need to close the list

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> > I agree. If messages from non-subscribers aren't blocked soon, I'm
> > unsubscribing from the list.
>
> I feel that the list needs to remain open to non-subscribers, but I do agree
> that the ammount of spam that these lists recieve is unacceptable.  I will
> try to see if I can at least get some reasonable spam blocks put it, and if
> that fails, we may need to close this list, although I really think that we
> should have one for the LDP which is open.

Just a few ideas:

Do all the LDP lists need to be open? I can understand why LDP-discuss and
submit are, but the announce list?

Perhaps on the lists that remain open they should move to moderated
forumns for non-subscribers, that is all those subscribed can post
normally, but those non subscribed have to go through a moderator.

OR

Could something be added to the subject line of messages coming from
subscribers, so that those of us not wanting the spam can filter all those
messages not originating from subscribers by a simple procmail recipie?

/cog