RE: if SGML is so great...

Finally, back to the real work.  :-)

Yep, that's DocBook.  I think that the only such reference for the
LinuxDocDTD is the DTD itself.  If you're using an RPM based distribution,
then 'rpm -ql sgmltools' will give you a listing where you can probably find
the DTD itself.

> Finally there is no <manpage> like tag in the mapping nor in the
> above mentioned references. A HOWTO reference tag would also be
> nice.

I think <refentry> is the DocBook tag, but I'm not 100% sure on that; I'm
fairly confident that LinuxDoc doesn't have anything useful for man pages.
As for the HOWTO reference tag, what do you mean?  Godoy and I have talked
about getting a special document type for the LDP called HOWTO, but I'm not
sure if he made any progress on that.  I'm not sure if you're looking for
something different in it's markup capabilities, or just in name.
	Greg