Re: DocBook Walkthrough?

On May 12,  4:07pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Subject: Re: DocBook Walkthrough?
> > Another advise is to use ID=... in the tags with a logical name
> > and just that to create filenames. It makes for more recognizable
> > URL's.
>
> Sorry hugo for that personal  email...it was meant to go to this list.
>
> The id attributes don't work for me for creating custom html filenames
> (I'm not using sgmltools). Instead I'm doing it the following way:
> <book><?dbhtml filename="index.html">
> <chapter><?dbhtml filename="chapter1.html">
> etc
> </chapter>
> </book>

A good example of how to do this is in the DocBook SGML for the
Cable-Modem HOWTO :

(http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/docbook/Cable-Modem.sgml.gz)

	<sect1 id="ethernet">
	<sect1 id="isps">
	<sect1 id="hybrid">

In the DSSSL stylesheet, we have these 2 settings:

	(define %html-ext%
	 ;; force a .html file extension
	  ".html")

	(define %use-id-as-filename%
 	 ;; Use ID attributes as name for component HTML files?
	  #t)

Which produces these files:

	$ ls Cable-Modem
	ethernet.html  hybrid.html  index.html  isps.html

regards,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com  |