HOWTO-HOWTO, was Re: geekness

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 01:24:37PM -0700, Gary Preckshot wrote:

> You can review the modification I'm making of the HOWTO HOWTO and
> provide input.  I'm a newbie and a professional technical author,
> and I took on the HOWTO-HOWTO both to learn DocBook and to learn how
> to be an LDP author. It has the quality of "geekness" in spades.
> You'll see what I mean when you read the modified version.  So how
> do I put it up for comment? I don't have a web site of my own, and I
> need some place to upload it. That's one of the geeky things you do
> - ask for authors to request comments and never supply a way to do
> it.

Send a copy to me for comments.  I do sgml (LinuxDoc) manually with
vim and now when I update a doc I spend less than 1% of my time with
the formatting.  I think that the HOWTO-HOWTO should start right off
and suggest that the easy way to do things is to use any editor or
word processor that you're familiar with to write a Howto in LinuxDoc.
Then start with a template and spend less than an hour getting
started.  We should not expect anyone to need to learn to use an
unfamiliar editor/word-processor in order to write a Howto.

I'll send some additional comments on the HOWTO-HOWTO directly to
Gary P. and Mark K.
			David Lawyer