Re: Completely confused

jdd wrote:

> I was very glad to see that lyx was heavily present in the new HOWTO-HOWTO
> (LAG).

Heh.  I don't use it anymore, and have slowed down recommending it to
new authors.  It's nice to get started, but doesn't have near the capabilites
of something like PSGML or even writing by hand with vi.

> however, the example given in the H-H, that is the bare lyx template gives
> me the error messages when I run  sgmlcheck (or by this respect any other
> docbook document)
>
> /usr/bin/nsgmls:<OSFD>0:2:1:W: cannot generate system identifier for
> public text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN"

Sounds like jade isn't configured properly.  Did you follow the "by hand"
method of installing jade* and other required items?

-Mark