Re: First pass for LDP-Author-Guide

Wrote David Merrill on Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 11:28:29PM -0400:
> jdd wrote:
>
> > we absolutely need a ONE SOURCE rpm (or tgz) that install all this stuff
> > in one step.
>
> This _would_ be very, very helpful for those of us who are interested in
> doing the markup and/or authoring, but not struggling with tools. I'm
> not sure what percentage of folks it would really work for.

Where's the problem?

Debian:

	apt-get install docbook-blah

	will probably do it. I'm sure there is a virtual package or
	something. anyone know?

RedHat:

	All the required packages come on the CDs, not very hard to install
	either now (install time) or later.

Mandrake:

	Haven't tried but assume all is included.

No need to solve the whole package management dilemma all over again.

Chuck

               [ charles hamilton dale <bug@aphid.net> ]