RE: Interested in updating a mini howto

I see no reason to do anything differently for these.

> On a related note, how is it determined officially whether a HOWTO is
> maintained or not? And maybe some of the active maintainers could give
> me an idea of what kind of personal mail volume this might generate.
>
> And if I do a significant rewrite, should I change the email address?

Yes, but be sure to email the author(s) again, with an updated version.
Please make sure to mention that you've updated/re-written a pre-existing
HOWTO, and give credit to the previous authors.  Of the HOWTOs that I've
done quick edits on, or ones that I've used, and emailed the authors, I've
always gotten a response.
	Grego