Re: First pass for LDP-Author-Guide

Stein Gjoen wrote:

> Dan York wrote:
>
> > 13. As a potential new HOWTO author, it would be extremely helpful
> >     if there was a "template" SGML document available that I could
> >     download, open up, and start editing.  It seems that most of
> >     the HOWTOs have similar sections... like an "About this Guide",
> >     Feedback, Copyrights and Trademarks, Acknowledgements and Thanks, etc.
> >     There's also a basic way that it seems you want a section/chapter
> >     to be created. The template could include the tags to start a
> >     couple of sections.
>
> Such a template does exist. I wrote one in LinuxDoc DTD, available as
>         SGML http://www.nyx.net/~sgjoen/template.sgml
>         HTML http://www.nyx.net/~sgjoen/template.html

I just wonder if a HTML "template" might be easily edited with
Netscape's Composer util that is included within RH 6.1 distro. And if
somebody else here could be kind enough to translate it into SGML? I
still don't have enough time to learn about SGML and other appropriate
HOWTO tools, but I think I could maintain some HOWTOs. Any experience
and suggestion?

Misko