Re: Document preparation help

Hello,

DocBook can handle this. Go to http://www.docbook.org and click on the TDG
link. You read about tables there.

Joshua Drake

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, User one account wrote:

>I am trying to write a HOWTO that would benefit greatly from an active table
>and want to know if anybody can help me do this.
>
>What I am doing is writing instructions on how to install any two O/S's
>together on a single disk.  So I'd like to display a table/matrix with the O/S
>names as the coordinates and have each cell hyperlinked to a chapter or
>page of instructions appropriate to those two O/S's.  I'd also want to keep
>each combination as a Table of Contents entry.
>
>Can someone give me a SGML template I can use for this?  Is this too complex
>for a HOWTO?  I know this would break as text, will it break during conversion
>to other formats (PDF, Postscript etc.) also?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>

>Bob Schultz
>rwschul@smart.net
>

>--

You know what? Consumerism works. You don't believe me? Who is the largest
single ISP in the world? AOL (That would be America Online). Why? Because it
is, "easy," "five minutes and you're up!", "IM (Instant Messaging) is
Awesome!". Yes, it makes me want to grab the nearest trash can and pray very
loudly into it. Consumerism works, it works well and it is taking the market
by storm.