Re: Voila! A compromise!

>If the non-free documents are segregated, put in a separate list, then
>the GNU Project can refer to the list of free documents and not refer
>to the list of non-free ones.  So the LDP and the GNU Project will be
>able to cooperate much more effectively.

If I am reading this paragraph correctly, you are stating that you will
not link to FSF-nonfree documents. If this is correct I would be very sad
to have read it. You have basically just stated that the FSF is more about
political BS than providing technical resources and software to users.

Of course it is your right to do so, and I respect that but to not link to
a document "just" because it does not meet your definition of "free" is
a mistake.

Joshua Drake

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt	- http://www.commandprompt.com	</COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.	- http://www.opendocs.org	</PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts 	- http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP		- http://www.linuxdoc.org	</WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.