Re: man/info debate

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 08:17:02AM -0400, Robert B. Easter wrote:
> I hope man pages don't go away.  For a lot of things, I've found them to be
> most useful since they display from the bash command line.

Quite.  I don't think it's practical to try and do away with man or
info anyway.  After all, there are now quite a few tools - Gnome Help,
for example - which can present most of the different document formats
in a unified fashion for those that need it.

Not that I'd shed a tear if the info tool disappeared.  I find it's
navigation method clunky and much of the GNU info documentation
appallingly written.

--
Bruce

Unix and C are the ultimate computer viruses.
		-- Richard P. Gabriel