Subject: Re: Laptop Guide
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:52:01 +0100
From: Werner Heuser <wehe@snafu.de>
To: "David C. Merrill, Ph.D." <dcmerrill@mindspring.com>

"David C. Merrill, Ph.D." wrote:

> Hi Werner,
>
> Let me introduce myself. I am a volunteer at the LDP, and I am working on
> overall improvements in our collection. Among other things, this includes
> keeping our collection up to date with authors' revisions.
>
> I just ran across your newly revised Laptop Guide, "Linux on the Road" (via
> the freshmeat.net announcement) and it seems that the LDP does not yet have
> your update! Would you please submit it to the ldp-submit list so we can
> provide it to more readers?
> I just noticed that we also do not have your latest Linux IR HOWTO or
> Ecology HOWTO, and we don't have your Medicine HOWTO at all. Would you
> please consider placing these with us also?
Hi David,

just a first answer, more details soon. I have submitted all of
my HOWTOs to the LDP many times. Usually they got lost. I have
complained to the LDP maintainers, to the LDP mailing list, ...
with no success yet. So I have decided to make my own way.
But I'm still interested to go back to the LDP. For the IR-HOWTO
, the Ecology-HOWTO and the Medicine-HOWTO I'm in the process
to convert them to DocBook and will be out soon (hopefully).

For the Mobile-Guide I'm unsure whether to go back to the LDP.
Because it's the basis of my book. Don't want to get trouble
with publishers.

Anyway thank you for your friendly response.

Werner

--
-= MobiliX  - Home of the Linux-Laptop-Guide http://mobilix.org =-
-= Xtops.DE - Laptops and PDAs with Linux http://xtops.de       =-