FAQs?

Why do we keep FAQs?  In a search on threading, I discovered
the Linux Threads FAQ, which is dated January 1997.  Looking
through the other FAQs, we have:

ATAPI FAQ - 1996
Joe Command Reference - 1997
PPP FAQ - 1996
FTAPE FAQ - 1997

I'm not debating the need for the information (there's got
to be someone out there still using ftape) but things like
threading in the kernel has certainly changed since then.

Looks like many of these FAQs can be made into chapters of
existing HOWTOs.  Things like the Threads FAQ can probably
be turned into a HOWTO with a bit of effort.

BTW, discuss@linuxdoc.org is broken again.

-Mark

--
Mark Komarinski - Senior Systems Engineer - VA Linux Systems
(cell)  978-697-2228