Re: Cataloging LDP White Paper: Categorization

(I hope I am replying to the right list.)

Martin,

Thanks for expressing interest!

My WikiEngineReview is unfinished but can be seen at
http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiEngineReview.

On a preliminary basis, I would consider two wiki engines, depending on
the application (I have not found the perfect wiki engine):

For applications where I want the most features, including security
(password and revision snapshots), I would choose TWiki.  I would modify
the view templates (written in HTML) to make the display less cluttered.

For applications where I want a simple wiki, and am not as obsessive
about security, I would choose the original WikiWikiWeb (by Ward
Cunningham) or the close clone in use at CLUG (modified by Jim Weirich).

I'm not sure whether the original WikiWikiWeb, as used at the Portland
Pattern Repository (http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?WelcomeVisitors) is
actually available -- Ward makes some variants available, but I don't
think they have the full functionality (including diffs, etc.).

The clone in use at CLUG is:
- nice (includes headings)
- has not been functional for about three weeks (you can view but not
edit or search)
- is being moved (to restore functionality)

This is the current URL, which is usable as I write this.  I don't know
the new URL (I will be advised, and I can pass the information on).

Current URL: http://www.clug.org/cgi/wiki.cgi?UsingFtpBeginner

I am hoping that, by the end of January, I will have some wikis
functional on SourceForge, including one to support LyX and KLyX (maybe
including DocBook?).

Hope this is helpful!
Randy Kramer