Re: Yet another question

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Cees de Groot wrote:
> GLeblanc@cu-portland.edu said:
> >  Since Mark's scripts can't co-exist with the ones that Dave made for
> > the GDP, I've been thinking about SGMLTools lite.
>
> I'd appreciate it if people could test the current stuff (www.sgmltools.org or
> sgmltools-lite.sourceforge.net, follow the link to the sourceforge dev page
> and grab the latest RPM and/or CVS version). Vicuous circle: no testing, no
> production release :-).

I'd like to test it. One caveat: As far as I know, Debian seriously munges
file locations and such for SGML. So, I'm a little worried that the tools
will be unable to find stylesheets and such on my system. Any idea if this
is the case? Or should /everything/ be specifiable at compile time?

> The scripts should be fine, if there are any problems I expect them in the
> installation procedure. Feedback is welcome (here, on the SGMLtools list, or
> on the Sourceforge Web-based forum).

Sourceforge is great, isn't it? Actually, I just filed a bug today dealing
with SGML: their new Doc Manager tool fails miserably when fed SGML.
Don't know if anyone here cares, but you should be able to follow the bug
here:

http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=110201&group_id=1

> OBTW: Where can I grab the LDP stylesheet? I'm all for making it the default
> in SGMLtools...

http://metalab.unc.edu/gferg/ldp/ldp.dsl

Warning, though- it's not yet up to spec (at least in my opinion). Still
impossible (AFAICT) to get an author's email to display in the traditional
location, for example. Also, the problem w. <Book> v. <Article> in
handling the first page for HTML.

Luis

	    "Summertime... and the living is easy...
	    fish are jumping and the cotton is high...
	    So hush, little baby, baby don't you cry."
					-Ella