Re: Moving to DocBook 4.1?

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Dan York wrote:
> Question for you... given that DocBook version 4.1 has been out
> since June 19th (http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ ) is there
> any plan to move LDP docs over to that newer version of DB?
>
> I've got DocBook v3.1 installed on my system and have been using
> that, but someone today just asked me why I'm not using 4.1...
> and I guess my answer was that I've been following what the LDP
> has been doing, which so far has been v3.1.

Someone in my lug has actually made up some really nice 4.1 .deb files,
and I've been sort of itching to try them, but I'm really unsure about
what exactly the differences are between 3.1 and 4.1 and what I should
expect to see change if I do switch over. Is anyone here knowledgeable
enough about the differences to give a reasonably lucid explanation to a
(pretty much) DocBook newbie? Of course, just a pointer to a URL (it must
exist somewhere) would be fine...

Curiosity killing the cat-
Luis

	    "Summertime... and the living is easy...
	    fish are jumping and the cotton is high...
	    So hush, little baby, baby don't you cry."
					-Ella