Re: Using character entities

>>>>> "dcmerrill" == dcmerrill  <dcmerrill@mindspring.com> writes:

    dcmerrill> The International Keyboard HOWTO has _lots_ of
    dcmerrill> international characters, as you might imagine. Right
    dcmerrill> now, they are all embedded directly in the ASCII
    dcmerrill> text. Does this present any problems for publication?
    dcmerrill> Do I need to convert them all to official DocBook
    dcmerrill> entity references?

Hmmm... Are they valid iso-8859-1 characters? If so, you don't need to
convert them. If they aren't, to ensure that they appear correctly,
you should convert them.

If you use Emacs, I think it can make this conversion automatically
for you based on a map.

See you,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.