Re: Using character entities

>>>>> "dcmerrill" == dcmerrill  <dcmerrill@mindspring.com> writes:

    dcmerrill> Yes, they are all ISO characters, (e.g., &euml; and
    dcmerrill> &agrave;) and they run through db2html just fine. I was
    dcmerrill> only worried about other tools down the road. I may go
    dcmerrill> ahead and convert them anyway, just to be sure.

Ok, do as you wish, but it's not needed if you don't want to do
that. It's a standard to use iso-8859-1 with SGML (and Unicode with
XML).

    dcmerrill> I am just learning emacs. I mean _just_ learning, as in
    dcmerrill> Chapter 2 of /Learning GNU Emacs/ from O'Reilly. :) No
    dcmerrill> idea how to do anything sophisticated
    dcmerrill> yet. Cut-and-paste is still cumbersome for me. But the
    dcmerrill> LAG says psgml is one of the most flexible tools for
    dcmerrill> DB. So, I'm learning.

:-)
I hope you like it. It's a very powerful editor. If you need some help
with it and PSGML, write me a message. I can try helping you. :-))

See you,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações       Conectiva S.A.
Publishing Department             Conectiva Inc.